| Passwort vergessen?
Sie sind nicht angemeldet. |  Anmelden

Sprache auswählen:

Wumpus-Gollum-Forum von "Welt der Radios".
Fachforum für Sammler, Interessierte, Bastler
Sie sind nicht angemeldet.
 Anmelden

cable volksempfanger
  •  
15.10.15 23:57
Pretorian81 

Einsteiger

15.10.15 23:57
Pretorian81 

Einsteiger

cable volksempfanger

hello guys,

I have a question about a volksempfanger I'm interested in.

Are the black cable and plug at the backside of the radio original ww2 examples? Because usually I see another kind of cable with these people radios.

Please let me know

Here some pics

Thank you.

Regards,
Sven

Noch gefällt der Beitrag keinem Nutzer.
!
!!! Fotos, Grafiken nur über die Upload-Option des Forums, KEINE FREMD-LINKS auf externe Fotos.    

!!! Keine Komplett-Schaltbilder, keine Fotos, keine Grafiken, auf denen Urheberrechte Anderer (auch WEB-Seiten oder Foren) liegen!
Solche Uploads werden wegen der Rechtslage kommentarlos gelöscht!

Keine Fotos, auf denen Personen erkennbar sind, ohne deren schriftliche Zustimmung.
16.10.15 00:16
Uli 

WGF-Premiumnutzer

16.10.15 00:16
Uli 

WGF-Premiumnutzer

Re: cable volksempfanger

Hi Sven,
I guess most of the original plugs have been replaced or destroyed, because they don't fit in our "modern" outlets. From what i see, yours is an old plug that might indeed be the original one. Chances raise, if you find the eagle with the cross on it - they used to print it on almost every part.
I think nobody will be able to tell you exactly. There are lots of different types of Volksempfänger and x-times more manufacturers. Your model "Dyn" is built from 38 to 45 and especially for the late ones, they probably used whatever they were able to get their hands on. So everything looking old and dirty might be "original".

16.10.15 23:09
NorbertWerner 

WGF-Premiumnutzer

16.10.15 23:09
NorbertWerner 

WGF-Premiumnutzer

Pretorian81:

Are the black cable and plug at the backside of the radio original ww2 examples? Because usually I see another kind of cable with these people radios.

as Uli wrote, there are a lot of different Types (from different maufacturers) existing, and due to that you will also find different old type plugs and cords.
By the way, as I can see, the plug is rather dirty. It looks like, it wasn't used for a long time. So, before you plug it in, please clean the plug at first. I'm using alcohol for it.
Also, you should have a look into the radio, to check whether all parts (especially tubes) are existing or not (You can make a photo).
Do you know, how long the radio didn't work? If it's too long ago, you shouldn't switch it on, to avoid a damage. In this case you had better to ask a professional.
Warning!!! Without any knowledge about the electronics of such radios it can be dangerous to switch it on.

Best regards
Norbert

Zuletzt bearbeitet am 16.10.15 23:10

17.10.15 00:32
Uli 

WGF-Premiumnutzer

17.10.15 00:32
Uli 

WGF-Premiumnutzer

Norbert, Sven will know all this (and much more!) or should absolutely not do anything with the radio - except careful external cleaning.

18.10.15 18:00
Pretorian81 

Einsteiger

18.10.15 18:00
Pretorian81 

Einsteiger

Thanks for your replies guys, I appreciate all help.

From what I can see from the photos, I think the plug is an Original one, but my main concern is the cable.

Those black cables are seldom seen with these radios in my opinion, that's why i'm a little unsure.
I hope it is not a postwar replacement...who will say?

The seller said it is a "dachbodenfund" and that everything is "untouched".
Let's hope it is. He says there is nothing written/stamped at the black cable.

It's not my intention to use this volksempfanger, but I only want to have a completely original volksempfanger for in my war/hobby room.
I just want to clean it.

All opinios welcome.

Regards,
Sven

18.10.15 22:01
NorbertWerner 

WGF-Premiumnutzer

18.10.15 22:01
NorbertWerner 

WGF-Premiumnutzer

Hello Sven,

if you worry about, that the used cable isn't original, you should have a look inside the radio. Find the location where the cable ends and look at the soldering. If the cord was replaced you will recognize it on the 'new' soldering.
Frankly speaking, I'm wondering about the cord. It is dirty (looks like mud), but thre radio looks fine.
Here is a link for additional informationes --> wowow.radiomuseum.org/r/seibt_ve301_dyn_w.html?language_id=2
Due to a forum low we shouldn't forward links, so cut the o at wowow.

Best regards
Norbert

18.10.15 22:02
Fitzcarraldo 

WGF-Nutzer Stufe 2

18.10.15 22:02
Fitzcarraldo 

WGF-Nutzer Stufe 2

Hello Sven,

yes - the plug looks original. The rubber cable may ba a replacement from the 1950s - or not... As Uli wrote, there had been a lot of differences (in details) with Volksempfänger - depending on the manufacturer / company. So it is almost impossible to estimate if THIS cable is original or not just from a photo.

Regards
Fitzcarraldo

Zuletzt bearbeitet am 18.10.15 22:03

19.10.15 07:51
wumpus 

Administrator

19.10.15 07:51
wumpus 

Administrator

Hello Sven,

you will find also here some information about Volksempfangers:
http://www.welt-der-alten-radios.de/gesc...faenger-22.html

... and about mains plugs:
http://www.welt-der-alten-radios.de/komp...-2-253.html#121

Sorry, but only in German.

Radio related dictionary German - English:
http://www.welt-der-alten-radios.de/home...deutsch-27.html

Gruß von Haus zu Haus
Rainer (Forumbetreiber)

"Vom Mund zum Ohr auf dem Strahle der elektrischen Kraft!"
Als MP3-Datei: http://www.welt-der-alten-radios.de/files/auf-dem-strahl.mp3

29.10.15 21:45
Pretorian81 

Einsteiger

29.10.15 21:45
Pretorian81 

Einsteiger

Hello,

Thanks for all the opinions and the links.
I can learn a lot about them.

I bought this radio, so when I receive it, I'll make some better pictures.
I will also have a close look at the soldering off the cable to see if it's re-newed or not.

The plug and cable are looking original in my opinion, so hopefully maybe they were always together...

But if the plug is still the original one, there is a big chance the cable is also original, isn't it...

I can't wait to receive it and have a good look at it.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Sven

Zuletzt bearbeitet am 29.10.15 21:46

30.10.15 02:51
Uli 

WGF-Premiumnutzer

30.10.15 02:51
Uli 

WGF-Premiumnutzer

Pretorian81:
But if the plug is still the original one, there is a big chance the cable is also original, isn't it...

Plugs work for ages, isolation of old powercords doesn't.
I got lots of old plugs with new cables attached, but that's because MY radios usually get repaired and connected.
For me it's not really important if it's the original cable or not. If you think it's not, just cut it off and you have a 100% original radio with just 1 missing part. You could claim it was shot or bombed off during the war ;)

Pretorian81   replacement   maufacturers   auf-dem-strahl   original   welt-der-alten-radios   informationes   Fitzcarraldo   Volksempfangers   volksempfanger   bearbeitet   different   Regards   Forumbetreiber   elektrischen   manufacturers   dachbodenfund   Volksempfänger   professional   manufacturer